Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Besties

So I have decided that I will start blogging again and that I want to reminisce about my high school friends. I had amazing high school friends and we had so much fun together...so this is a shout out to them.

Laura Bagwell now Matthews:

Oh my dear sweet Lala, we had good times! It was because of Laura that I went to all of my young women activities. We went to 7 years of girls camp and enjoyed every minute! We weren't always besties, we really became friends in our Sophmore english class. I sat by her and never had a pen or paper so she would supply me everyday. Don't judge it was the first class of the day. We were in the same ward but became friends in english, it is amazing how that happens. Anyway here are a few things I love about her:

  • Skipping school to nap in her warm queen sized waterbed.
  • Making homemade carmel to use for everything, I still use it to this day a lot!
  • Making homemade peach cheesecake.
  • Going on health kicks together...she had more willpower than I.
  • Taking basic auto because I wanted to.
  • Taking sewing because she wanted to, I am still a pretty good sewer.
  • Going bridge jumping.
  • Watching the cosby show and laughing until we cried.
  • Shananagins.
  • I would do her hair for her all the time.

I look back on all of our fun times and I am so grateful, it is rare that you find such a good hearted friend at a time when most teenagers go astray and regret what they did later in life. I had amazing friends in High School but it was single handedly Laura Bagwell that kept me on the straight and narrow, not because she lectured me but because we lifted each other up. What a blessing!

2 comments:

Carrie and Jeff said...

Awesome idea Jen. Laura is a great friend. I can't wait to see my tribute...haha.

Laura said...

First thank you. Second I only went to Young Womens because you did. So i think you deserve credit for keeping me on the straight and narrow. I love ya.